Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Removing binaries fail
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 22:50:12 +0200
On Donnerstag, 10. September 2015 22:15:49 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2015-09-10 21:25, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
On Donnerstag, 10. September 2015 18:55:32 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2015-09-10 18:38, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Thu, 2015-09-10 at 18:31 +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
[...] I needed to add ffmpeg from multimedia:libs to my project
home:frispete:vdr. [...] After a successful build, I noticed, that
the ffmpeg binaries shouldn't be published, as we all use the
packman versions, of course.

Having published enabled in this case is of no ill effect,
since you ignore the build result anyway and go with PM instead..

Jan, I don't quite grasp, what you want to say here. Having publishing
enabled will make the ffmpeg binaries available for download, and those
packages are getting in the way of everybody, who wants to use it from a
different source.
At least for `zypper up`, the different value in the vendor tag field
between OBS and PMBS is reason enough for zypper up to not change
what you have installed, and I would presume most people already have
the PMBS one. (Indeed, the consideration leaves `zypper in` out -
but that is something anyone will encounter at some point in an
installation's lifetime anyhow.)

And zypper dup as well, which is, what I use to check, if some package in
other repos is a preferred one. If all are fine, I even allow it to run.
Other times, I cherry pick stuff with zypper in from a denied zypper dup
run...

Hence, I always try to keep my systems zypper dup safe (and recommend to
everyone else to never use it that way ;)!

BTW, I think, I finally managed to solve the issue: I disabled build and
enabled publish in the project and all packages, then I wiped the project,
waited for the files to disappear, linked ffmpeg to the last 2.7.2 revision,
disabled publish on ffmpeg, and enabled build of the project. Easy, no?!?

I will immolate something for the guards of wasted resources on the next
occasion.

Pete

BTW: the package dtv-scan-tables, linked from vdr project, not changed for the
last last 5 month, starts to fail for 13.2 reproducible now, while
successfully building for Tumbleweed. Oh well.