Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Removing binaries fail

On Thursday 2015-09-10 21:25, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
On Donnerstag, 10. September 2015 18:55:32 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2015-09-10 18:38, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Thu, 2015-09-10 at 18:31 +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
[...] I needed to add ffmpeg from multimedia:libs to my project
home:frispete:vdr. [...] After a successful build, I noticed, that
the ffmpeg binaries shouldn't be published, as we all use the
packman versions, of course.

Having published enabled in this case is of no ill effect,
since you ignore the build result anyway and go with PM instead..

Jan, I don't quite grasp, what you want to say here. Having publishing enabled
will make the ffmpeg binaries available for download, and those packages are
getting in the way of everybody, who wants to use it from a different source.

At least for `zypper up`, the different value in the vendor tag field
between OBS and PMBS is reason enough for zypper up to not change
what you have installed, and I would presume most people already have
the PMBS one. (Indeed, the consideration leaves `zypper in` out -
but that is something anyone will encounter at some point in an
installation's lifetime anyhow.)