Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Removing binaries fail
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:26 +0200
On Donnerstag, 10. September 2015 18:55:32 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2015-09-10 18:38, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Thu, 2015-09-10 at 18:31 +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
[...] I needed to add ffmpeg from multimedia:libs to my project
home:frispete:vdr. [...] After a successful build, I noticed, that
the ffmpeg binaries shouldn't be published, as we all use the
packman versions, of course.

Having published enabled in this case is of no ill effect,
since you ignore the build result anyway and go with PM instead..

Jan, I don't quite grasp, what you want to say here. Having publishing enabled
will make the ffmpeg binaries available for download, and those packages are
getting in the way of everybody, who wants to use it from a different source.
As a coincidence, you updated ffmpeg yesterday, and that might even result in
a library mismatch now, if binding against it, while intenting to use another
(of version 2.7.2). Looks, like I need to link against a specific version in
multimedia:libs to avoid that.

What I don't want, is forcing people to fiddle with package locks and the like
(as it doesn't always work as expected, when limiting to certain repos). Or do
you have something different in mind with saying "ignore build result".

Thanks,
Pete