[opensuse-buildservice] Re: maximal supported package size
  • From: "Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 15:10:46 +0300
05.09.2015 09:36, Stephan Kulow пишет:
Am 04.09.2015 um 18:34 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Friday 2015-09-04 18:24, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

I am trying to package libRadtran a tool to simulate light propagation
in the Earth atmosphere.
But, I've failed to upload one of the source files which size is 2GB,
osc commit fails with "500 Internal Server Error". I suppose this is due
to file size. It would be great if upper limit were set in a more
explicit way.

I loosely remember a - probably non-500 - error when accidentally
committing an uncompressed chromium source tarball (some 1300MB), so it
seems that there is both a normal file size limit (big files are just
unwieldly), and the 2147MB limit imposed by a 32-bit signed integer
entity somewhere.

Actually the limiting factor here is something completely else. The
rails stack stores these files twice in temporary files while it's
transferred to the src server and api.opensuse.org has <4GB available on
/tmp atm

To support really large file uploads, we would need be able to stream
this data instead of doing large POST calls.

Greetings, Stephan

Ok, could you tell me is it ok to pack such a large package? I mean, I
have not found explicit guidelines/rules, maybe somebody from build
service team would be not happy about it