Re: [opensuse-buildservice] why scheduled tasks not run on ppc64le builders ?
On Sunday 02 August 2015, 23:13:52 wrote Dinar Valeev:
On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger
<dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2015-08-02 at 18:27 +0200, Normand wrote:
Hello there,

At least for hours there are three schedules tasks (1) that are not
dispatched on ppc64le builders (2)
Why scheduled tasks not run on ppc64le builders ?
Is there a scheduler problem in OBS ?
How to track the reason why those tasks are not processed ?

(1) https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:k0da:Power42?arch
_ppc64le=1&defaults=0&repo_standard=1&scheduled=1

All ppc64le instances do build atm (we have atm 17 instances)

I see that jobs from openSUSE:*, Kernel:SLE12 and also from home:k0da:Power42:
projects get assigned.

So this looks to me that there is just only this limited amount of build
power, but no problem.

On a side note: there are quite dangerous hostlabel constraints in the job.
They are fullfilled, but they will make it impossible to build
this distro on any other OBS instance. I would remove them, since
the requirement for "power8" cpu should be enough.

I see the same in openSUSE Factory staging areas, like for example:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:E/glib
-networking

The biggest worry is that even though I build disabled this package, it
remain schedules; so there is 100% an issue with OBS picking up such
changes.

The dirty flag on the repository disappeared

This package currently has in the meta data:
<build>
<disable arch="ppc64le"/>
</build>

And status is scheduled for ppc64le... this can't but indicate an issue
on the server side.

The package does not have a _constraints file, so any ppc worker should
be able to pick it up.
Yes, it should. Michel's case is different here. There a project
config limits to use just two machines (power8).

Factory shouldn't have such constraints.

Cheers,

--
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany