Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Macro issue for SLES 11 builds?
Hi Greg,

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 05:25:31PM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 4:53 PM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

%doc says "Copy the specified file from the source tree to
/usr/share/doc/packages/<my_package> and include it in the RPM"

%doc doesn't copy anything for an absolute name, it merely sets the doc
flag for that file.

Is there any end-user value in:

%doc %{_mandir}/man1/*

over

%{_mandir}/man1/*

No. The man pages are packaged as documentation anyhow automatically.

Also the manual gzip of the man page as part of the install is
superfluous.

None of my packages use %doc to tag man pages as documentation and I
haven't noticed on other spec files either.

Samba had it till some hours back too. Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]