Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How does obs manage the packages and projects files in backend?
  • From: "Zhangjian (Bamvor)" <bamvor.zhangjian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 22:55:07 +0800

On 2015/3/30 19:32, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Samstag, 28. März 2015, 18:02:57 wrote Bamvor Jian Zhang:
Hi, guys

I am trying to build the internal build service as well as integrate the build
service with our development flow. Currently, our packages are maintained in
svn and git.
I want to learn that how does suse manage the packages and projects in build
service backend. E.g. What happened in obs server after osc commit? I do not
mean that how does the build service fetch the code through service.

The only way to let OBS fetching sources are currently source services.
These are small modules which can either run on client or server side.

The source service server process is responsible to run them on server side.
You can find some bits of docu here:

http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-reference-guide/cha.obs.source_service.html

And an example here:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/OBS:Server:Unstable/build

This way works and can even be triggered without credentials, however it stores
for
every commit a new tar ball. So not very optimized disk usage wise. We want to
improve
that in future by mirroring git/svn/... and create the tar ball during build
time.
Got it. And how does obs management the branch and link project?
Is there a service for pull the package from parent package and apply the diff?

I heard from irc that suse use some sort of file based method to do this. If it
is true, where could I find feature lists and/or source code?

Not sure what you mean with "file based" here, the storage on the source server?
Yeah. I guess you already answer my question.

regards

bamvor

bye
adrian