Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Local openSUSE OS Bootstrap
On Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2015, 16:21:16 wrote Matthew Drobnak:
On Fri, 2015-02-13 at 09:23 +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Dienstag, 10. Februar 2015, 22:32:45 wrote Matthew Drobnak:
Resending:

Adrian,

This is what I ended up doing
mkdir /obs/imports
MNTDIR=/obs/imports
mount -o ro,loop $SRCDIR/os131.iso /obs/imports

mkdir /srv/obs/build/openSUSE:13.1/standard/x86_64/t

cp -p
$MNTDIR/suse/noarch/*.rpm /srv/obs/build/openSUSE:13.1/standard/x86_64/t

cp -p
$MNTDIR/suse/x86_64/*.rpm /srv/obs/build/openSUSE:13.1/standard/x86_64/t

chown -R obsrun:obsrun /srv/obs/build/openSUSE:13.1/standard/x86_64/t
mv /srv/obs/build/openSUSE:13.1/standard/x86_64/t
/srv/obs/build/openSUSE:13.1/standard/x86_64/:full

obs_admin --rescan-repository openSUSE:13.1 standard x86_64

Anything missing, or is it this simple? I have built a few packages
against this project, and it seems to have worked fine.

fine :)

You just want to check later on, if there remains any old imported package.
You should remove them, rescan again and see if anything breaks
because some packages may still be missing.

Just out of curiosity, what do you want to achieve? Comparing
the build results?

Or do you plan to build a modified version of openSUSE?

We moved from the OBS appliance to trying to do two things:
Split things out to be more scalable
Be more easily repeatable in our environment

As a result, I have been working on AutoYAST and puppet to get things
set up in a quick and repeatable way. I am making progress on it. So far
we have the MySQL server separated, and we have 3 workers and have shut
the worker on the front-end box off. I have a second front-end box spun
up, and the repo / publish services point to the original box. All
mostly works. I plan on creating an OBS module and publishing it to the
puppetforge when done and cleaned up.

cool :)

We are seeing some delays with OBS picking up that builds are finished
before publishing them. I also notice that I have no logs on the
workers. Any tips for troubleshooting this? (I can create a separate
thread if you'd like.)

workers are running in screen sessions to avoid any problems with logfile
storage.

You can reach them via calling

screen -x

as root user. Also the logfile will get transfered to the rep server when
the build finished.

Thanks for your help.

-Matt

Maxfeldstraße 5