Re: [opensuse-buildservice] slightly confused
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 09:11:29 +0200
On 09.10.2014 22:29, Hans Witvliet wrote:
Hi list,

Please bear with me if asking newby questions.

I've been using the results of the OBS for many years, but i founf
myself needing some packages that were not updated for quite some time.

Easiest way might be pinging on factory list, but I presume
doing-it-yourself might be considered a better option. I don't have the
impression anyone else might benefit from it, but when succeeding i will
learn a lot.

My first attempt was branching off an existing (and known working)
package.
To be able to build locally i needed libpcsc-devel, so i branched
security:/chipcard/pcsc-lite.
I defined build-targets OS12.2, OS12.3, OS13.1 OS_factory and SLES11SP3,
which all do exists.
How come that SLES11SP3 failed with "unresolvable" ?
I thought i branched off a working config?

You branched working sources, but to branch off a working config you need
to actually build against security:chipcard's SP3 target not SP3 itself.

Greetings, Stephan