Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Support for external repositories (e.g. EPEL)
  • From: Jeroen Ooms <jeroen.ooms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 14:45:24 +0200
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
We do not import repositories which are moving targets atm.

What exactly does moving target mean? EPEL is well established, has
been around for a long time, well maintained. It is enabled on many
CentOS/RHEL systems, and won't disappear any time soon. To me it seems
no more "moving" then Fedora, but perhaps I misunderstand your
concern. Note that there should be no conflicts with existing
projects; EPEL contains only packages that are not present in
CentOS/RHEL.

The only recommendation I can give is that we may found a project/repo where
the most often used EPEL package sources are hosted. So everyone can build
against it.

Yes, rather than importing EPEL in the CentOS repository, another
option would be a separate CentOS+EPEL repository in OBS. But that
sounds much more involved :-)