Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Support for external repositories (e.g. EPEL)
  • From: Dinar Valeev <dinarv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 21:03:29 +0200
On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Jeroen Ooms <jeroen.ooms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I successfully built my software on OBS for Fedora, OpenSuse and SLE.
Now I would like to build it for centos/rhel as well, but there are
several build dependencies which are not available in the standard
centos/rhel repositories; they are only available through EPEL.

Is there a way to enable external repositories during build, in order
to get some external BuildRequires? EPEL [1] is a repository sponsored
by Redhat and consists of Fedora packages that did not make it into
rhel (yet).
No, you should rebuild dependencies manually.
A few years ago, someone asked the same question [2] on this mailing
list, but I am not sure it ever got resolved.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#What_is_EPEL.3F
[2] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2011-11/msg00142.html