Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS project creation request -- ipop (Bug 888063)
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 16:25:14 -0400
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM, RoboMod <mod.andy@xxxxxx> wrote:
--

OBS has projects composed of packages.

Thanks for clarifying.

ipop looks like it would be a package, not a project. Projects
typically have hundreds of packages each.
Your packagehttps://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:robomod/ipop
is definitely an example of single ipop package in OBS speak.

Sounds correct.

I think the network project is the right place to put ipop in. My problem is
now that we want to provide packages for many distributions which are not
activated in the network project. Is there any way to solve this issue as
package?

Not at the package level.

If I understand what ipop is I would consider submitting it to
network:vpn which is a much smaller project (only 7 packages)

It also only has 3 maintainers:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/users/network:vpn

Before submitting you could email them directly and see if they would
be willing to let you have maintainer rights at the project level
and/or add in the repositories you want.

The idea would be to add in the repositories you need, but default
them not to build. Then for ipop override the default.

If they agree, then submit your package there.

I note that network:vpn is already setup as a devel project for
factory, so if you decide to push ipop into factory in the future you
should be able to do it straight from network:vpn.

Greg