Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: obs docker integration
On Dienstag, 22. Juli 2014, 20:05:31 wrote Matwey V. Kornilov:
On 22.07.2014 19:02, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Dienstag, 22. Juli 2014, 16:51:57 wrote Flavio Castelli:
On 07/22/2014 10:54 AM, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
Feel free to contact me in private. We can try to tackle this problem
together.

Feel free to follow up here, if it is really a docker-in-OBS issue :)

I would be interessted as well ...

Hi Flavio and Adrian,

As far as I understand the publisher could (in principle) user docker
Registry REST API to load ready KIWI builds to some docker registry.
I see two drawbacks here. The first one is to convert KIWI result into
docker binary layer format.

You can create docker binaries directly with kiwi. afaik it is just an lxc
container.

The second one is how to keep the graph. I
am not sure whether we can just put full ancestor image as layer every time.

I do not understand the use case. When you deploy a new image, not matter as
layer
or as entire new image it invalidates anyway all layers on top of it used with
the
old image. No?

Or is this just because of bandwith reasons when uploading new images?

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany