Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Setup openbuildservice on local servers with OBS Appliance and how to connect with OSC
On Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2014, 14:18:37 wrote Lars Nielsen:
Hello again, yet three more questions.
First I want to setup OBS on my own servers, so I tried installing OBS
Appliance in VirtualBox.
But no matter if I choose to install from .iso or the .vmdk I get the
following:

Welcome to Open Build Service(OBS) Appliance 2.5.3
based on openSUSE 13.1 (x86_64)

NETWORK SETUP FAILED

OBS is not usable
A working DHCP and DNS server in network
is required!

and then the login prompt.

First Question:
Why network setup failed? No proper error messages or anything. My VBox is
set to bridge network and all other VMachines I have works with DHCP, Though
the run over NAT.

try to set it up manually, I guess you will either get no IP or no DNS name.

Second question: I found in the documentation that the user was Admin and the
password was opensuse - These credentials fails and root and no password does
as well

works for me ...

Third question:
I can't seem to find documentation on how to connect via osc, to a local
server. Am I just blind or are there no documentation?

it is written at startup of the appliance, IF you get network.

It will be

osc -A https://$YOURHOST ...

3.1 If there are no documentation how do you connect to a local server using
osc then?

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Lars Nielsen
Student programmer