[opensuse-buildservice] OBS statistics
  • From: Alberto Planas Dominguez <aplanas@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 17:52:59 +0200
Hi,

recently there where a new request to provide downloads statistics into
OBS. There is also a openFATE request open since some time ago [1].

The problem here is that OBS do not know the number of downloads,
because this information is outside this service: it is in the Apache logs.

To provide a solution I created some script that use BerkeleyDB, Redis
and Flask to deploy an API to request those numbers [2]. There is
some documentation about how to deploy and use the API [3].

In this version we can get information of the number of hits and visits in
packages, arch, project, repositories and time periods (day / week /
month). For example:

/hits/day/20140215

will provide the # of hits for this day in OBS, and

/visits/week/201406/science/openSUSE_12.3/x86_64/EMBOSS-6.4.0-7.1.x86_64.rpm

will provide the # of different IPs for this specific package during the
6th week of 2014.

I am asking for some resources before I can really deploy the
application. If this happens, I will prepare everything and communicate
this in this list again.

The missing part is still write the number of visits and hits into the OBS
web interface. I am not sure that I can do this, so I will ask for help
here.

[1] https://features.opensuse.org/306193
[2] https://github.com/aplanas/obstats
[3] https://github.com/aplanas/obstats/blob/master/README.md

--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imend├Ârffer, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)