Re: [opensuse-buildservice] cant connect to api.opensuse.org ?
Hey,

On 27.06.2014 14:03, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
# hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx / 2014-06-27 11:23:46 +0200:
On 26.06.2014 16:17, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
# hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx / 2014-06-26 14:31:05 +0200:
https://api.opensuse.org/about => 404
https://api.opensuse.org/about?format=xml => XML

that's quite an abuse of the HTTP protocol.

Tout au contraire :-) You might want to read up on HTTP/1.1 Accept
request-header fields. RFC 2616, Section 14.1...

that's 14.1 Accept, description of the Accept request header.
AFAICT it does not contradict my position at all. of course,
406 would be inappropriate given that the client already abuses
query string to emulate the Accept header; it should not.

Ah now I get what you are saying. Sorry, I was a bit slow there,
thinking you talk about the general implementation.

Yes passing params[:format] is a gross rails hack, don't tell anyone
about it ;-)

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang