Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Private Instance + EPEL

On May 28, 2014, at 17:08 , Andrew Melo <andrew.melo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dienstag, 27. Mai 2014, 11:15:12 wrote Andrew Melo:
Hi Again,

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Andrew Melo <andrew.melo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello, Klaas

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 21.05.2014 18:16, Andrew Melo wrote:

Hi,

Hello all, I've been using/playing with a private OBS instance for a bit
and I'm really enjoying it. Kudos to the developers!

On my private instance, I'd like to build some packages with
BuildRequires
that only exist (in Centos/RHEL) in the EPEL repository. These packages
(correctly) error out with "unresolvable". I've searched the best I can,
but I can't seem to find a way to enable the EPEL repository for the
centos
build target. Does anyone have a suggestion for this?

You will have to link or import it, if I understand correctly. Have you
seen this documentation? Maybe it helps:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_private_instance_boot_strapping#Use_Repository_Binary_Import

I hadn't seen that information before, thanks!

Playing around with it, I get the following when I try to build a
simple project:

getbinaries: missing packages: acl attr bash coreutils diffutils
filesystem glibc grep libacl libattr libgcc m4 ncurses pam file-libs
db4 popt readline rpm sed tar zlib ncurses-libs libcap rpm-libs pcre
info libselinux sqlite lua elfutils-libelf findutils neon openssl
krb5-libs e2fsprogs-libs expat bzip2-libs libstdc++ setup libsepol
perl policycoreutils nss nss-util nspr xz-libs nss-softokn-freebl
nss-softokn shadow-utils util-linux-ng perl-libs device-mapper
libblkid libuuid python redhat-rpm-config python-setuptools autoconf
automake binutils bzip2 gcc gdbm gettext libtool rpm-build
centos-release gcc-c++ python-libs libgomp cloog-ppl basesystem
glibc-common perl-version perl-Module-Pluggable perl-Pod-Simple curl
db4-utils pkgconfig xz xz-lzma-compat elfutils gmp mpfr
libstdc++-devel libffi coreutils-libs glibc-headers ppl libcom_err
vim-minimal tzdata ncurses-base perl-Pod-Escapes nss-sysinit openldap
libcurl libidn libssh2 elfutils-libs ca-certificates audit-libs
cracklib-dicts kernel-headers keyutils-libs cyrus-sasl-lib nss-tools
p11-kit p11-kit-trust libtasn1 expat-devel bind-libs bind-utils bison
cpio cpp cracklib cvs e2fsprogs file flex gawk gettext-devel
glibc-devel gpm groff gzip less make man module-init-tools
ncurses-devel net-tools patch procps psmisc rcs strace texinfo unzip
zlib-devel vim-enhanced initscripts bzip2-devel gnutls libproxy
pakchois glib2 dbus-libs dbus-glib checkpolicy libsemanage
libselinux-utils libxml2 libss gettext-libs gpm-libs udev libutempter
which vim-common sysvinit-tools upstart libgcrypt libproxy-bin
libproxy-python shared-mime-info gamin chkconfig ustr hwdata libusb
MAKEDEV libnih libgpg-error

It looks like the :full.solv is populated, the binaries aren't
downloading though. I have the following project meta config:

<project name="centos-6">
<title>Centos6_EPEL</title>
<description>Centos6 With EPEL</description>
<person userid="meloam" role="bugowner"/>
<person userid="meloam" role="maintainer"/>
<download
baseurl="http://mirrors.cmich.edu/centos/6.5/os/x86_64/Packages/";
metafile="base.xml" mtype="rpmmd" arch="x86_64"/>
<build>
<disable/>
</build>
<publish>
<disable/>
</publish>
<useforbuild>
<disable/>
</useforbuild>
<repository name="standard">
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>
</project>

Anyone have any suggestions?

do not use download feature for chaning repositories. It is just not gonna
work with
current implementation.

Excellent. I'll kick off a couple rsyncs to pull the entire repos
instead of not using download on demand and see how that works.

Thanks again,
Andrew

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5