Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to correctly resolve dependency loops in projects?
  • From: "Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 21:03:39 +0400
On Mittwoch, 9. April 2014, 20:05:41 wrote Matwey V. Kornilov:
Hi,

What is the recommended way to resolve deps cycles or loops in project?
How could I feed some bootstrap package to the project?

well, the most correct way is not to have them actually.

you could also build against another repository providing the package.

or in extrem case ask the admin to import a binary package.

depends on your problem and needs.

Hm, in devel:languages:erlang erlang-retest needs erlang-rebar to be
build, and erlang-rebar needs erlang-retest to run %check section.
Everything goes ok, as far as we always have 'previous' version.

But now, I linked whole the project and want to rebuild it with my
version of rpmlint, and there is loop issue. I may disable %check
session thought.

--
With best regards,
Matwey V. Kornilov