Re: [opensuse-buildservice] bootstrap of private instance
On Donnerstag, 27. März 2014, 07:51:43 wrote Matthew:
Hello,

After getting a build to work on the public OBS, I would now like
to run it on a private instance. The problem I have is that the
documentation refers to a meego repo.

which documentation?

I examined the build log on the public service for RHEL_6 and
noticed that PreInstallImages/RHEL_6 (or something similar) was
the source repo for the build environment. I've had a look here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OBS:/PreinstallImages/

They should not be even published actually. They are just for speed
optimisations, but have nothing to do with an OBS server installation.

Please start here for a new installation:

http://openbuildservice.org/download/

but cannot see any reference to RHEL_6. Am I looking in the right
place to populate my private instance with the correct repository
for RHEL_6 (plus others). Is it actually necessary to do this?

I know there is also a download-on-demand option but again, where
is there a source repo which contains the source packages for all
of the build targets that are available on the public OBS?

DoD is currently not recommended, because it is incomplete.

But OBS supports inter-connect which can be setup easily via a mouse
click. That downloads all needed basic rpms from build.o.o when needed.

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany