[opensuse-buildservice] Setting up osc: keyring and kWallet
  • From: Johannes Kastl <mail@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 08:40:03 +0100

Hi everyone,

first of, if this is the wrong list I apologize, it seemed the most
fitting...

I just had some minutes and wanted to dive into openSUSE after a long
long time. So I tried to setup osc on my machine, and configure it so
I could play around with some packages.

One thing I could not get to work is osc storing username/password in
kWallet. I could get it to store it in python-keyring
(~./local/share/python_keyring/keyring_pass.cfg).

Is this possible at the moment? Or is one of the bugs from early last
year (Feb. 2013) hitting again?

On one of my python scripts using python-keyring I had to explicitly
set kWallet as backend (see below). Do I need to do this with osc too?
Where?

import keyring
keyring.set_keyring(keyring.backends.kwallet.Keyring())

I am running osc from the openSUSE:/Tools repo on a Tumbleweed
installation (osc-0.144.0-126.1.noarch).

Regards,
Johannes
- --
Programming is like sex: if you make a mistake, you have to support it
for the rest of your life.
(unknown)