Re: [opensuse-buildservice] EXE package format
On Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014, 20:03:36 wrote Martin Koegler:
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 07:41:00AM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014, 04:09:05 wrote Jan Engelhardt:

At the end of the
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_comparison wiki page is
a comparison of build infrastructures, and in the column "package
format", OBS is said to support - even if only experimentally - the
"exe" package format.

A grep for zip\b or exe\b in the files of build.rpm does not yield any
hint towards zip/exe generation, so where exactly may I find it? Having
the actual program .exe in an .rpm is not too useful for Windows users???
(but using mingw works really well otherwise!).

there is no such support in build, but one could add it via a hook using

/usr/lib/build/checks/$script

mechanism. This could extract the exe file and store it as seperate build
result in OTHER directory.

I have done this via spec:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:e9925248:mingw/mingw64-grandorgue

cool...

One thing, I am unsure how to handle is the version-release handling of these
files.
IMHO the version and also the release number of the spec file should be part
of these files. Otherwise there is no way how mirrors and users can destinguish
between
them.

A generic script is not able to find the useable parts. It is only useful to
extract
a installer, which also includes the DLLs and other resources.

Currently, the exe-Files from OTHER are only available to registered OBS
users.
A drawback is, that without login, there is no indication, that you can
download it after login.

The publisher would need a few more lines to support publishing of these
.exe lines, but that can get added fast.

+1 for publishing such EXE to download.opensuse.org

I have added now a very-very basic export support of .exec files.
Your repository was my testcase :)

I am not sure, if this can stay this way though due to the version-release
thingy. we need to find a solution for that ...

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany