[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Arch Linux community repository
On Sun 23 Feb 2014 10:32:19 PM CST, Myles English wrote:

On 23 February 2014 15:31, Malcolm <malcolmlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun 23 Feb 2014 06:13:33 PM CST, Dmitriy Perlow wrote:

Malcolm <malcolmlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:08:06 +0300:

On Sun 23 Feb 2014 10:29:55 AM CST, Myles English wrote:

On 7 February 2014 11:49, Leonard de Ruijter <leesvoer@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hello,

I'm a user of Arch Linux and have been playing with the OBS
lately. I've succesfully created arch packages (PKGBUILD) which
build correctly. However, some packages i'd like to throw in the
OBS require the arch Community repository, which doesn't seem to
exist in the OBS yet.

It would be great if the community repository could be added. I'm
sure more people will benefit from it, according to this thread:

Yes, please could the 'community' repository be added. The
packages I am trying to build would also benefit from this. The
'community' repository contains some popular packages such as VTK.

Myles
Hi
It probably contains stuff that is not allowed to build on OBS,
hence not included?

The following is not directed at you, just an observation ;)

<rant>Trouble is other Distros (and openSUSE) come and use OBS and
can potentially screw it up for the rest of us by producing
packages that are forbidden</rant>

Hi Malcolm,
So anyone could screw it up by producing forbidden packages.

Could anyone point me to some rules saying what can't be built (I
couldn't find any)?
Hi
The list exists here;
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_application_blacklist

For example a search on cmplayer;
http://software.opensuse.org/package/cmplayer?search_term=cmplayer

If you look at the build log you can see a ffmpeg package
being installed.....

[ 83s] [195/198] installing ffmpeg
[ 84s] Packages (1): ffmpeg-1:2.1.3-1

This is from the Arch_Extra repository, now if that is deemed ok, then
I would expect that the Open Build Service can link to packman? (But I
would expect not)....

Again I reiterate it's only a rant from me at things in general ;) (Too
much time on my hands with the rain delay at Daytona!)

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.2 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop