Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Arch Linux community repository
  • From: Myles English <mylesenglish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 22:32:19 +0000
On 23 February 2014 15:31, Malcolm <malcolmlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun 23 Feb 2014 06:13:33 PM CST, Dmitriy Perlow wrote:

Malcolm <malcolmlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:08:06 +0300:

On Sun 23 Feb 2014 10:29:55 AM CST, Myles English wrote:

On 7 February 2014 11:49, Leonard de Ruijter <leesvoer@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hello,

I'm a user of Arch Linux and have been playing with the OBS lately.
I've succesfully created arch packages (PKGBUILD) which build
correctly. However, some packages i'd like to throw in the OBS
require the arch Community repository, which doesn't seem to exist
in the OBS yet.

It would be great if the community repository could be added. I'm
sure more people will benefit from it, according to this thread:

Yes, please could the 'community' repository be added. The
packages I am trying to build would also benefit from this. The
'community' repository contains some popular packages such as VTK.

Myles
Hi
It probably contains stuff that is not allowed to build on OBS, hence
not included?

The following is not directed at you, just an observation ;)

<rant>Trouble is other Distros (and openSUSE) come and use OBS and
can potentially screw it up for the rest of us by producing packages
that are forbidden</rant>

Hi Malcolm,
So anyone could screw it up by producing forbidden packages.

Could anyone point me to some rules saying what can't be built (I
couldn't find any)?

There are many examples I come across, ffmpeg, cmplayer, mplayer etc

Hello.
ffmpeg and mplayer are provided via already supported Arch Extra:
http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=ffmpeg
http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=mplayer

Hi
Yes, but they still are being built on the Open Build Service by users
(as in home repos) when they are not allowed....

I don't understand, are you saying that it is allowed for those
pacakges to exist in the Arch Extra repo on the OBS so long as users
don't build them in home repos?

Myles