Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to compile something for Mac OS X using build.opensuse.org ?
On Freitag, 24. Januar 2014, 02:52:08 wrote Jan Engelhardt:
On Friday 2014-01-24 02:06, Arsen Shnurkov wrote:

The page http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_comparison says
"Support for any OS and architecture due to the use of VM's for
building the packages. This includes ... Mac OS X (if anyone would want
to work on that)."

Where should one start from?

Getting bs_worker to run on MacOS, I suppose. There may be some work
ahead..

Hm, I was not aware of that page.

However, it is true as potential, but we do not have parsers for MacOS
package format yet.

We would of course help everyone who want to work on that. Since MacOS-X
is BSD like, we would even get *BSD support along with that potentially.

In case someone wants to look into that, check the Build/ subdirectory
in the "build" package. It contains the parsers for rpm, debian, arch and
kiwi formats already. A BSD and/or MacOS parser could be written analog.

good morning
adrian

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5