Re: [opensuse-buildservice] optimization of OBS experience
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 14:12:52 +0200
On 15.10.2013 13:53, Boris Manojlovic wrote:
Dear all,

after looking into results of simple load of page on main OBS (request
view but all pages suffer from this) i have come to conclusion that
simplest things are not implemented to lower bandwidth usage nor load
speed of pages.

I understand that most of the time people wait for api.o.o response
but really do we need to wait for 70% more time because as can be seen
here http://paste.opensuse.org/29484148
Most of "issues" i would list here as:
- No javascript "minification",
How do you define that?

- No css "minification",
How do you define that?

- No gzip/deflate encoding/content type at all and as such high bandwidth
usage,
This is supposed to happen transparently in apache, but I'm not so sure
it does happen.

- Etag support is non existent
Now enable your cache again and go to the next page?

Greetings, Stephan