Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Backend storage questions
Hi,

On Sep 25, 2013, at 15:41 , Daniel Drake <drake@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Will OBS ever purge files from ancient revisions? If I purge such
files manually, will anything break beyond the ability to back through
history to that particular revision?
How do large instances e.g. openSUSE deal with this?

Now looking at storage of resultant built binaries, it appears that
OBS only keeps the most recently built version. Is this correct, and
can this be tweaked?

We basically do the same: Use OBS for continuous integration tests and thus
build
a huge set of package multiple times every say (based on git commits).

We had 1.5TB of pure source history in just 2 month and we did not want to
by new storage every year ;).

So we sponsored the development of a cleanup task in obs_admin (see Adrians last
post). It has been developed by B1-Systems.

We run this task as a cronjob once a day (in the night) and it does its job.

--
mit freundlichen Gruessen/with best regards,

Carsten Hoeger
Open-Xchange GmbH

Open-Xchange AG, Rollnerstr. 14, 90408 Nürnberg, Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 24738
Vorstand: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Richard Seibt

European Office: Open-Xchange GmbH, Martinstr. 41, D-57462 Olpe, Germany
Amtsgericht Siegen, HRB 8718, Geschäftsführer: Frank Hoberg, Martin Kauss

US Office: Open-Xchange Inc., P.O. Box 143, Ardsley on Hudson, New York 10503