Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Giving abuild user a 2nd group?

Quoting Bernhard Voelker <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 08/08/2013 01:46 PM, Michal Vyskocil wrote:
What about to create coreutils-testsuite-setup package with following

%post
groupadd abuild2
usermod -a -G abuild2 abuild

and with README.SUSE explaining the reason for it, becasue empty
packages are not allowed in SUSE.

Then add BuildRequires: coreutils-testsuite-setup to
coreutils(-testsuite).spec and run make check.

As groupadd/usermod are in shadow package, this won't even make any
build cycles.

Thanks, that's actually how I tried to do it:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:bernhard-voelker:branches:Base:System

I have no README.SUSE yet in the coreutils-testsuite-env package,
so this might be the reason for the "nothing provides coreutils.testsuite-env"
error in the ...-testsuite package.
I'll give it a try.

Very likely.
if you look at:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/home:bernhard-voelker:branches:Base:System/coreutils-testsuite-env?repository=openSUSE_Factory_PowerPC

you see that there is only a .src.rpm created

and as such, OBS is right: nothing provides what you're looking for (there is no installable package with that name).

Dominique