Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Giving abuild user a 2nd group?
Am Mittwoch, 7. August 2013, 12:58:33 schrieb Bernhard Voelker:
On 08/07/2013 12:43 PM, Philipp Thomas wrote:
* Andreas Schwab (schwab@xxxxxxx) [20130807 12:35]:
No, it is %prep, %build, %install, %check, %clean.

OK, my wrong. But to answer Berny's question, it wouldn't matter for the
testsuite package as even when check is run after install the test log
is still packaged as the check section creates the compressed log and
the %files section references it.

That means, that the %install section is the "official" way
of getting root access during the RPM build in OBS?
Just kidding. ;-)

Now, as I can add such a new group and user in %install (needed
in %check), is there a way to guard these commands to only be
executed in OBS/osc environment, i.e., to prevent this to be
executed on real-world hosts where coreutils-testsuite is
(accidentally) installed?

only packages building as root can do that in %install.

We usually do not allow to build as root. Not because of security, but
because it is a bad habbit and the src.rpms might be dangerous for users.

So, just do not do it that way. There are documented ways to create users
during package installation time.

Have a nice day,
Berny

(AG Nürnberg)