[opensuse-buildservice] Re: RAR crack tool permitted on OBS?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 01:35:15 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 01:19:46 +0300, Dmitriy Perlow wrote:

Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> Mon, 29 Jul 2013 01:10:43 +0300:

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 23:57:37 +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Saturday 2013-07-27 22:57, Greg Freemyer wrote:

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Claudio Freire
<klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Not to mention that password cracking, in my IANAL view (because
IANAL), isn't illegal at all. At least in my jurisdiction.

It is not in most jurisdictions, but Germany has some of the
strictest laws for computer hacking tool distribution and openSUSE
follows German law for the repositories.

If it really was like that, why do we still have traceroute and nmap?

Arguably, those tools are diagnostic tools, not password cracking
tools.

Jim

Or password remembering tool ;) Anyway I think such packages should be
at packman…

To my knowledge, traceroute doesn't have anything to do with passwords,
nor does nmap (nmap is a port scanner, not a password tool).

Jim

--
Jim Henderson