Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc rdelete leftovers files
On 7/27/2013 at 01:46 AM, Michel Bourget <michel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

'osc rdelete project -r -f' do not delete everything but, rather, copy
some stuff
to the "_deleted" project directory and keep bazillions of files related
to that project under:

* ./trees/
* ./repos/.../.../...
* /repos_sync/

We run obs-server-2.3.7-3.5 ( appliance ) and osc-0.134.1-2.4.1.

Questions:
- obs bug ? osc bug ? Known bug ? If so, is it fixed ?

Not a bug, it's a feature. OBS allows you to "undelete" a file, package or even
a project. Refer to "osc undelete --help" for more information.

- Didn't find any documentation on "_deleted" projects,
A pointer would appreciated. I didn't find anything on the webui
or "bs_admin" to manage that. I only found "os ls -D" which does
not help much.

Meanwhile , I am quite tempted to:

find /srv/obs | grep "deleted project" | xargs -n1 rm -rf

Any advise against this "Big Hammer" ?

Well, I'm not an expert, I'm just another guy who runs a local OBS instance
like you. So, I'll let someone else take that question.

But I agree, it would be great if there was a way to permanently "delete and
purge" a project, package or file - especially, along with their corresponding
sources. :) At least, in git master, there's an option to delete sources older
than 'x' days, but nothing for 2.3 or 2.4, AFAICS.

HTH,
Srinidhi.