[opensuse-buildservice] createrepo problems
  • From: Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 17:44:07 -0600
I'm using the OBS packages with version 2.4.4-4.1 (obs-api, obs-server, etc.)

I have createrepo-0.9.9-4.1.1 installed.

It seems that my OBS instance has started having problems running createrepo:

yum/zypper repodata is no longer being generated correctly

They no longer have the full list of the RPM packages that are published. I can look inside the repodata/primary.xml.gz, and many packages that are configured to be published are not in the repo data.

The packages themselves are placed into the download location - there's just no repodata that catalogs the package's existence to yum/zypper.

I've checked and re-checked that both the project and package publishing is enabled.

The problem doesn't appear to be related to any particular distribution; it happens across the board, on RHEL, SLES, openSUSE, and Fedora.

/srv/obs/log/publisher.log has entries like the following:

running createrepo
Worker 0: Traceback (most recent call last):
Worker 0: File "/usr/share/createrepo/worker.py", line 99, in <module>
syncing database (11 ops)
waiting for an event...

I'm not sure if that is actually a problem, as in looking at bs_publish, it seems clear that if there's a failure, a message will be printed "createrepo failed re-running without extra options", and the repo will be regenerated again. I'm not seeing the error message.

As a minor diagnostic, I pivoted the repodata directory out of place, and ran:
createrepo .

That completed without problems, and the generated repo appears to have the data needed.

However, as OBS isn't generating the repodata properly, it's still a problem.

Does anyone have an ideas what I can do to find out what is happening, and where the error is?

Thanks.
--
Troy Telford