Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rpc timeouts: Is api.opensuse.org behaving at the moment?
Am Dienstag, 11. Juni 2013, 14:34:00 schrieb Magnus Lewis-Smith:
My local OBS is not able to build anything at the moment. I notice that
the scheduler logs are filling with 'rpc timeout' errors

We see that as well and we saw this caused by a bunch of large requests
eating our IO (storage and network).

Michael is currently working on an improvement here to avoid that such
requests can DoS us...

/srv/obs/log/scheduler_x86_64.log
2013-06-11 14:18:44: looking at high prio Desktop/SLE_11_SP2 (6/0/93/73/91)
- Desktop/SLE_11_SP2
fetching remote repository state for
openSUSE.org:SUSE:SLE-11:SP2/standard
rpc timeout
repository 'openSUSE.org:SUSE:SLE-11:SP2/standard' is unavailable

This seems to be resulting in many (many!) packages being "broken" or
"failed" in the webui monitor screen, and also, for some
project/repository combinations:
"The repository setup is broken, build not possible"

Additionally, when deleting any <repository> ... </repository> block
from the project meta, I get an error:
"Uncaught exception: undefined method `repositories' for nil:NilClass"
... so I can't reduce the complexity of any projects to help me debug this.

(AG
Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg