Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS ignoring entires in %files?
On Friday 17 May 2013 15:33:26 Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a. Dimstar wrote:
Quoting Shawn W Dunn <sfalken@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
So I've got a package put together devel:cloverleaf:Consort
consort-panel, and
I'm ending up with what appears to be rpmbuild ignoring the %files
section for
the consort-panel.*.rpm package, and I have been bashing my head against
my
desk since last night trying to figure out why. I don't see any
issues with
the .spec file, but maybe I'm missing something.

I've tried using hardlinks (/usr/share instead of %{_datadir}, for
instance} but nothing seems to be making a difference.

I'd be tickled pink if somebody could have a look at that specfile
and tell me

what I've got fscked up.....

Simple issue:

You overwrite the files section of your main package:

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
[ a long list of files ]

%files -f consort-panel-3.0.lang
%defattr (- ,root,root)

=> this redefines the %files section for the main package...

this was supposed to be:

%files lang -f consort-panel-3.0.lang
%defattr (- ,root,root)

And then you should have more luck with your package.

Dominique

*facepalm*

Thanks Dominique. I can't believe I missed that.
< Previous Next >