Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE dropped packages
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:21:09 +0200
On Mittwoch, 8. Mai 2013, 16:35:51 wrote Damian Ivanov:
Thanks Adrian. Though this doesn't work. The command itself seem to work as:
osc log -D openSUSE:Dropped $removed_package
instead of
osc log -D openSUSE:Factory $removed_package

No, I had the later one in mind. :Dropped is just created by some private
script somewhere. But OBS writes the drop reason into the removed package
if used properly.

I tried a few packages from openSUSE dropped though it shows only an
empty changelog. I tried it on BitTorrent, CASA and IPCE

It might be that they got removed at a point of time, where internal
scripts did this in some unclean way.

But check gnuboy for example, you can find reason and request id why and
whom wanted it dropped:

osc log -D openSUSE:Factory gnuboy