Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Arch support
  • From: "Dmitriy Perlow" <dap@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 17:19:44 +0300
Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> Wed, 08 May 2013 17:01:26 +0300:

On Mittwoch, 8. Mai 2013, 21:54:56 wrote Marguerite Su:
Hi, all,

One question:

As now we officially support Arch's pkgbuild, how will we deal with
the `git` usage in pkgbuild?

There're many pkgbuilds has a name "*-git" which use git to fetch
source code when building.

But we can't use git in our build VM (someone said there's no network
connection at all).

Many local Arch users consult me about that issue.

I know for openSUSE we can use _service file to git clone, but
Archlinux has a particular mechanism: it has to check md5/sha of the
source before the build.

But now we can't get md5/sha for the _service output, because next
time you run git, it'll change of course.

actually, current set_version service script should also update the md5 sums
in PKGBUILD meanwhile.

Looks cool. Sorry for a (may be) stupid question. When could it be used at b.o.o?

--
Dmitriy DA(P).DarkneSS Perlow / Linux x64