Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.4 configuring build targets without distributions.xml
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 10:22:28 +0200

Hi Stephan,

On Fri, 03 May 2013 16:43:34 +0200
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03.05.2013 16:22, Philipp Seiler wrote:
Hi all,

I have added a few distributions to my private OBS 2.4 instance
with prj, prjconf, rpms in
/srv/obs/build/$DISTRO/standard/$ARCH/\:full and all other thing
which are neccessary to build against this project.

So until OBS 2.3 there was a file called distributions.xml which
defined the build targets for the webui.

I read the changelog of OBS 2.4 and I found this:

* The api file/distribution.xml is obsolete, the config gets stored
in the SQL database now. Existing file gets imported during
migration. The list from remote instances can displayed and
updated automatically now.

But I do not want to interconnect my OBS instance with the SUSE
OBS. How can I add the build targets, which I configured, to the
webui?

The README.SETUP howto isn't updated yet, so I there is no advice
to configure the build targets. Even on the web I didn't find a way
to solve the problem.

The migrations read the XML and add them to the database. You don't
need to interconnect, but *if* you interconnect you get the build
results of your connected instances automatically.

I don't want to interconnect the OBS. Thats the point. I only want to
add my Project as build targets to my instance.
I installed this maschine directly with OBS 2.4. So the db:migrate
command doesn't do anything expect the parsing of the xml and adding it
to the database? So can I run the migrate command without break some
other database entries?

You can use the standard api for that, just doing it on harddisc is not
possible anymore. But doing

osc api /distributions > file
edit file
osc api /distributions -T file