[opensuse-buildservice] 'Sponsor' configuration
  • From: Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 00:28:20 -0600
I took a stab at configuring my OBS instance's 'sponsor' section. I figured I could use it for a laugh, and have my 'sponsor' be things like Duff beer, Buzz Cola, Bachelor Chow, Slurm, Stop & Drop, and so on. (I'm obviously abusing the sponsor pane to my own ends.)

Problem #1: I couldn't add my own images. I copied them to ${webui}/application/assets/icons (I don't recall the path exactly, and don't feel like VPN'ing into work to find out).

It eventually became clear that a 'rake' command would have to be executed to get the images into place in ${webui}/public/<foo>

I've used a few Ruby on Rails apps, so I took a stab at
RAILS_ENV="Production" rake assets:precompile

This did copy the file into place in ${webui}/public/<foo>, with the proper hash appended to it.

However, the manifest.yml wasn't updated, and the rake command exited with a failure in javascript/application.js (I think).

I'm using the 2.4 repo for openSUSE 12.1

I'll get the specifics after eight hours of unconsiousness, but for now, I'm hoping to find out if I am even on the right track.
--
Troy Telford