Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Internet access during local build
On 03/06/2013 10:43 AM, Gianluca wrote:
Dear All,
in the %build section of an .spec file I'm writing I need to run a
thirds part script that use wget to download some file directly from
internet.
If I try to build the .rpm locally to check any error before to commit
the changes, I'll get the following error:

Resolving www.netlib.org (www.netlib.org)... failed: Connection refused.
wget: unable to resolve host address `www.netlib.org'

It seems that during the build of an rpm there is no internet access.
How can I configure osc in order to have internet access during the
local building of packages ??

There is no internet access during build in OBS either. Your local build mirrors the OBS build environment. Thus if you would have network access during your local build the package build would succeed locally but would be failing in OBS.

What you need to do is build the code that gets downloaded as a package and then BuildRequire the package. Also you will need to figure out the download part of the build.

HTH,
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx