Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS for a library, example and directions
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 08:20:48 +0100
On Montag, 4. März 2013, 12:28:47 wrote Pablo Speciale:
Hi,

Since I am new with obs, I am asking for some directions.

Questions:

* Which is the status of the proposed workflow for git:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_GitUpstreamSupport

A prototype for some parts of git support exists. But it is not ready to be
used and no one currently works on it.

* In case of using the separated workflow, is there an easy way to
add/delete files using the information of the new tarball? Assuming
the building dependencies are the same, the only difference would be
these changes (adding/deleting files, if I understand correctly). For
adding, I think I could use something extreme like: osc add `find .`.
But for deleting... it may be more complicated.

osc addremove

* Is there an example of a package which use cmake? Particularly, I
would like to have an example for a library.

osc whatdependson openSUSE:Factory cmake standard i586

and pick one :)

* For a ubuntu package, for example, will the system generated a
repository with all the dependencies ready and possible to be added as
a repository into /etc/apt/sources.list?

yes

Or will the user need to
install all the dependency manually? What about the unnecessary
dependencies (like packages that are already in default repositories)?

it is up to the ubuntu installer to handle this.

welcome
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH