Re: [opensuse-buildservice] understanding maintenance workflow, reverted fixes
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:34:57AM +0100, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Hi,

I just run into a coreutils bug again which I fixed and sr'ed myself.
Now I try to understand how could this happen.

See the diff -r12:13 in openSUSE:11.4:Update/coreutils below. Why
coreutils-cp-al-symlink-timestamp.patch was reverted. The osc commit log
does not contain any message. This is really annoying.

This happened before we changed to the new maintenance setup and
was apparently not caught by the checkin team.

Not sure what exactly Philipp did wrong when checking it out, but
perhaps he branched from GA instead of Update.

Wed Jun 8 15:40:52 CEST 2011 - pth@xxxxxxx

- Fix vulnerability in su (bnc#697897).

Sat Apr 2 17:48:37 UTC 2011 - sweet_f_a@xxxxxx

- fix "cp -al does not preserve timestamps of symlinks"
(bnc#696389, coreutils 8.0 - 8.10, openSUSE 11.3 and 11.4)

I think these days this will not happen as both maintenance and
review team have watchful eyes.

Ciao, Marcus