[opensuse-buildservice] On Launchpad to OBS transition
  • From: Andrei Dziahel <develop7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:36:16 +0300
Hello.

I've set up packaging of Consort Desktop daily builds' on launchpad
with following recipes
<https://code.launchpad.net/~consort-packagers/+recipes>. But
Launchpad does support building packages for Ubuntu Linux only, that's
why I'm considering to move to OBS.

Although after skimming through documentation, I'm still not sure if
it's possible to make OBS do same things I've achieved with mentioned
dead-simple scripts. To save your time, here's what I want OBS to do:

1. Fetch upstream source code from Git repository
2. Fetch maintainer-related stuff from other repository (or
repositories, depending of target package formats' count -- I'm ok
with that)
3. Build source packages for target distros (where applicable)
4. Build binary packages for target distros
5. Host both source and binary packages

So I'm already aware OBS can do #4&5, but not sure regarding #1-3. Can
please someone experienced shed some light on me and/or share some
examples?

Thank you in advance.
--
Regards,