[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Using OBS to build mainline out-of-tree kernel modules.
  • From: "Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:44:53 +0400

As far as I understand your kernel module is not a part of vanilla kernel
sources?
What is mainline kernel for you? If you mean kernel supplied with distro,
then something following is enough:

<repository name="openSUSE_12.2">
<path repository="standard" project="openSUSE.org:openSUSE:12.2"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

Then you have to create package and fill it with your kmp.spec, sources,
etc.

Peter Morreale wrote:

Hi all,

We are setting up an private OBS instance and one project in this
instance will be building out-of-tree kmp's based on
a mainline kernel.

Can someone point me to some links for the proper setup of the
project(s)? Google returns a large array and I'm not sure I'm finding
something appropriate.

I'm confused about how I ensure that our module code is properly linked
to reference the mainline source tree. Do I create a separate project
for building the mainline kernel and than (somehow) link that project to
the kmp project? Its not clear to me how to specify the dependencies
and wind up with the actual mainline src path correctly.

The end goal will be the creation of an rpm for a mainline kernel and an
rpm for the kmp's.

Thanks in advance,
-PWM