Re: [opensuse-buildservice] who removed steam from games: and why?
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:24:12 +0800
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Now the OBS instance of opensuse.org allows only OSI software unless
it's in the openSUSE distribution's non-OSI part - which by all
practical means locks down further development of it ;)

So because packages are not allowed to exist on OBS unless it's part
of our distro,
if I want to package a non-oss package on OBS for openSUSE:

1. get the "verifiable" distribution permission for openSUSE
distribution on behalf of me as a single person.

2. show the evidence to OBS managers, and get their permission that
the package can be "part of openSUSE" and can use Factory non-oss for
hosting here on the mailing list.

3. start packaging on OBS and push.

right?

Thanks