Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to programmatically differentiate between linkpac and bco?
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 13:33:23 +0000
Dirk Müller (dirk@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
Am 04.01.2013 00:06 schrieb "Adam Spiers" <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>:

If it's checked out unexpanded ("osc co -u") then it seems I can take
a guess by looking for

<patches>
<branch/>
</patches>

in the _link file, but I'm not sure this is correct

This is correct.

and it's not even
possible when the sources are expanded, since then _link doesn't
exist. Suggestions?

I haven't tried it, but perhaps osc info does say it somewhere? Other than
that you could use osc cat to query the Server, but I'm not sure if your
goal was to avoid the roundtrip.

Yes I was hoping to avoid that :-)

Maybe there is something hidden in the .osc dir :-)

As you said in a separate mail, checking if the linkinfo in .osc/_meta
has a baserev is a close-enough estimation, as usually links do not
have baserevs. Thanks for the very helpful info!

Here's the resulting script:

https://github.com/aspiers/SUSE-dist/blob/master/bin/osc-classify-link