Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build successfull in 12.2 but fails in 12.1
On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 12:29:48PM +0530, Saurabh Sood wrote:
Hi,
I have set build targets for openSUSE 12.2 as well as 12.1. I am
getting a successfull build on 12.2 but build fails on 12.1. On
analyzing the build log, I see the error something to do with the
suse_update_desktop_file macro.

Build Log:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=x86_64&package=oneclickinstaller&project=home%3Asaurabhsood91&repository=openSUSE_12.1

It is helpful to take warnings in the logfile
serious as a source of valuable information:

make install fails. It calls

/usr/lib/rpm/suse_update_desktop_file.sh

which complains
WARNING: Category "Utilities" is unknown

and then fails with some techno-babble.

The failure may be a consequence
of the wrong Category.

Try to look up a Category that exists in 12.2.

and try again. You may have to use this trick:

%if 0%{?suse_version} > 1201
Do stuff with NEW CATEGORY
%else
Do stuff with OLD CATEGORY
%endif

Spec File:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?expand=1&file=oneclickinstaller.spec&package=oneclickinstaller&project=home%3Asaurabhsood91

Shouldn't the same error occur for 12.2 as well?
Regards,.
Saurabh Sood