Re: [opensuse-buildservice] opensuse evergreen 11.1 would be a nice build service target
Am 13.11.2012 12:02, schrieb Johannes Poehlmann:
My point was that keeping evergreen versions running that match their
SLE counterparts would add value to SLE, as people can build more
packages for SLE in the build service. This could make Evergreen
a business case for SUSE indirectly by making SLE more attractive.

Actually SLE11 drifted away far too much from 11.1 by service packs already.
Both are and were not comparable anymore in the end since even a lot of
base packages were updated in SLE11.

Evergreen was not designed to be a binary compatible platform from SLE.
I would actually love to have something like that but SUSE up to now
disagrees that this is a business case. But this discussion is far
beyond -buildservice and we had some at the openSUSE conference but w/o
a final status.

Wolfgang