Re: [opensuse-buildservice] opensuse evergreen 11.1 would be a nice build service target
On 11/9/2012 9:24 AM, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Hi,

Am 09.11.2012 15:18, schrieb Johannes Poehlmann:
I would advocate for opensuse evergreen 11.1 as a new build service target.

I failed in building some of my packages on SLED 11 because of
failed dependencies, but was succesful on the eldest availible
opensuse target.

Maybe I did not get how to also use packages from the SLE SDK.

But - as SLED 11 seems to be similar to openSUSE 11.1 versionwise
- it would be a good starting point to use those packages as
replacement for the missing ones in SLED.

Also there ARE people outside that do not upgrade openSUSE
(because of old Hardware e.g.) and are now very happy with
openSUSE 11.1 evergreen.

In my eyes these are 2 good reasons to wish a openSUSE 11.1 evergreen
target in the Open Build Service.

actually even Evergreen 11.1 is not supported anymore since some time
unfortunately so it's not really a candidate as a targer project anymore.

Wolfgang

What was the point of calling it Evergreen in the first place then?
Or was 11.1 never even used as an Evergreen base in the first place? I don't remember when it started.

In any event, Johannes did you try building against DISCONTINUED_openSUSE_11.1_Update_standard ?

That has been available all along and should remain available indefinitely.

I build many packages against several discontinued repos from 10.0 to 12.1 Those packages then install without problem on production 11.1 boxes.

--
bkw