[opensuse-buildservice] _link, _aggregate and getting rid of them
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 23:10:35 +0100
Currently, I'm fighting with _link and _aggregate.

I'm trying to build open-vm-tools for SLES 11 SP2 in my home:werfl
project. This won't build because of the missing liburiparser libs.

In my open-vm-tools package, I set a _link to Virtualization:VMware, but
the binaries were not found. Then I set an _aggregate, and they were
found. Nice. The open-vm-tools package builds fine locally.

But the open-vm-tools package does not build inside obs, though it shows
"succeeded" for hours now. I think the obs is confused by the aggregated
binaries. I managed to get rid of the _link by "osc detachbranch", now I
try to get rid of the _aggregate... How may I achieve this? Delete the
_aggregate file in the sources? Or in the .osc subdirectory?

Next question: on
<http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tips_and_Tricks#link_and_aggregate>
I read "Aggregate is possible, but slows down your build and requires
double space. Better build directly against the other repository.". I'd
love to do so, but where and how do I tell obs about this "other
repository"? The output of "osc buildinfo" shows

<path project="home:werfl" repository="SLE_11_SP2" />
<path project="SUSE:SLE-11:SP2" repository="standard" />

so I think it might be added here, but osc does not support editing the
buildinfo. From the man page of obs, I see no other way to do so.

Can someone point me to the right direction, please?

Best regards,
Werner