[opensuse-buildservice] Building a single package to support 2 major versions of a dependency
Hello All,

I wasn't sure if this was a build service or packaging issue so I've
sent this to both lists.

Recently the PostgreSQL package in server:database:postgresql was
repackaged to support having both versions 9.1 and 9.2 installed on
the same system. This is introducing a problem for PG modules like
orafce, pgsql_fdw, and others which when built the resulting libraries
were installed in /usr/lib/postgresql. The new packaging lay defines
those libdirs as /usr/lib/postgresql91 and /usr/lib/postgresl92.

I'm looking for approaches to handle this, hopefully without having
lots of duplication. The first approach would be what Debian does,
create separate packages for each PG version and rename the packages
to postgresql91-orafce and postgresql92-orafce respectively. Another
thought is to keep a single package in OBS but setup the spec to
create packages for each PG version and name it accordingly
postgresql91-orafce and postgresql92-orafce. I don't know if this is
possible or how you'd trigger the build but what about having 2 spec's
for the package, one that builds for each version?

Thoughts?

--
Later,
Darin