Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Should a package in a devel project linked to a user package as its' source
On 09/24/2012 10:54 AM, Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a DimStar wrote:

Quoting Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>:

On 24.09.2012 10:13, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

Quoting Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

In the X11:windowmanagers project libev package links to the sources of
the package libev of project home:darix

I thought it was supposed to be other way round i.e X11:windowmanagers
is the main project and people can link from there.

This indeed sound the wrong way around and we should try not to support
exceptions.
Please work together with Darix to resolve this issue.

libev is in all kind of projects, the one in X11:windowsmanagers was
created in 2008 by bwalle. It's not even clear what use it has there.
I would delete it, but I'm not maintainer.

Oh, I actually mis-interpreted the initial mail: by devel project I
understood it to be the project where the package for Factory is being
developed; In this case, that's not the point though.

What would probably make sense, if X11:windowmaker requires this package
(likely for older dists? As new ones have it in Factory) would be to
change the link either to Factory or to the official devel repo...

Ok in this case server:http is the devel repo of this package for factory.

If no objections I will change the link to reflect the devel repo which
is server:http

Togan